This resource follows on from the introduction to Counselling Skills resource and develops student skills to a higher level.
Specifically the resource deals with learning how to differentiate between counselling and using counselling skills, learning how to evaluate feedback, learning how to use a wider range of vocabulary. Other topics include an examination of essential.
- Lesson 1: Introduction; Philosophy and Design
- Lesson 2: Effective Communication
- Lesson 3: Motivational Interviewing and Dynamics of Recovery.
- Lesson 4: Dealing with Denial
- Lesson 5: Working with the Family
- Lesson 6: Marital Counselling.
Upon completion of this course you may take a final online examination. Full details of this examination are automatically sent to you at the end of the course. The examination costs €65 and is taken at home at your convenience. If you receive 70% or more in this examination you will receive an ITEC – Irish Training and Educational Centre Resource Certificate.