We are delighted to announce the launch of our new QQI level 5 Creative Writing qualification. It is designed to give students an opportunity to develop their creative voice through writing. It aims to give students an understanding of the process of writing, key aspects of writing fiction, as well as the possibility of getting work published.
Topics covered include:
- Unit 1: Writing Skills
- Unit 2: Characterisation
- Unit 3: Structure and Plot Development
- Unit 4: Setting and Atmosphere
- Unit 5: Getting published.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Develop their creative voice through writing
- Produce a range of confident writing, which will include the opening section of a novel or two complete short stories
- Have utilised key aspects of writing for a novel or short story
- Understand the process of publication in Ireland
- Be able to submit work for publication.