Because only 10% of how we communicate is done with words, and 40% comprises voice expression with the final 50% involving body gestures it is self-evident that anyone with a knowledge of body language skills has a tremendous advantage over those who have no such training or knowledge.
Body language opens a window for you and helps you find out what other people are actually thinking and even when they are lying. This terrific course shows you how to build rapport with other people at work and in every area of your life by helping you read body language.
The following topics are covered:
- Introduction to and communicating with body language
- Non-verbal communications
- Reading body language
- Meeting and greeting people
- Facial expressions
- Body language in business
- Sales and negotiations
- Managing others, power and dominance
- Lying and body language
- Aggression and confrontation
- Directory of body language signals.
It teaches you:
- how to observe and read body language
- how to change your own body language to give you more confidence
- how to use body language to help you engage better with other people
- what body language can tell you in meetings, presentations, negotiations and other business situations
- the unconscious effect non-verbal communication has on all of us.
Who should take this course?
This very fine and interesting course is almost essential for people working in HR and will be of great assistance to sales people and indeed anyone who has frequent interaction with others where it is extremely important they understand what is being communicated to them by words, voice and gestures. What this means is that the non-verbal signals people give out are much more important than the actual words they say because it is through these non-verbal actions it is possible to find out what people are actually saying and what they mean.
Upon completion of this course you may take a final online examination. Full details of this examination are automatically sent to you at the end of the course. The examination costs €65 and is taken at home at your convenience. If you receive 70% or more in this examination you will receive an ITEC – Irish Training and Educational Centre Diploma.